Saturday, January 2, 2016

San Francisco la Yerba Buena

2015 brought me over 36,000 miles, including my first visit to the West Coast. I have since passed through San Francisco 3 times and with each visit the city has grown on me. At first I didn't think it was so pretty- seeing as I spent the year before roaming Vienna, Salzburg, Anzere, Stockholm and the likes, I thought the architecture lacked immensely. It didn't seem so clean, it was expensive and I was always one of the many tourists snapping pictures. 

But SF is full of surprises- most of which you cannot get with just a few days tour. The city is so innovative and quick on its feet that I just began to roll my eyes with every new creation being developed. From art, to fitness, to startups, to American Bison, to apps, to restaurants, and so on, innovation is at the heart of this city. For example, I was introduced to at least four new foods, including a burrito made out of sushi- genius. 

Makoto Hagiwara designed the Japanese Tea Garden (below) and was the inventor of fortune cookies.





No comments:

Post a Comment